Automobilifimages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Road Trip Prep

Every few years...i just gotta get out and hit the road. A road trip is the perfect spiritual vehicle to clear the mind, destroy your body and rediscover an appreciation for all the things that make life good. It's also a great excuse to go spend time with whatever car I'm currently obsessed with. I'm just gonna say it up front....you will see lot's of pictures of my car with cool scenery in this blog. I will try to offer some insight (should any be gained) and enable you to vicariously experience the trip....beyond looking at cool photos of my car.

Here's the route (subject to change)
In the midst of our Great Depression I'm anxious to see how things are looking "out there"....after all i live in Hollywood and rarely venture out of California except via airplane.
I've made a few trips like this one over the years and every time i'm stunned at the reality presented by the middle section of our country to a liberal elite guy like me.

I'd love to go on about why i think everyone in America should make a trip like this in their lifetime but I really can't get into all that now as there's tons of stuff to take care of before I take off....like packing, plotting, reserving, researching, loading the ipod, questioning why and all that good stuff that goes through your head before you head out for 2 weeks and 5ooo miles of who knows what.

Part of the last moment fun is taking Truman out to get a tire replace on the R8 before the trip....he lives for this shit and for some reason so do I.


Road Trip Prologue Photo album:

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. It brings back fond memories of my first solo, x-country drive in 1990.

    "A road trip is the perfect spiritual vehicle to clear the mind, destroy your body and rediscover an appreciation for all the things that make life good."

    So true. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete